Friday, June 25, 2010

'BUSY'NESS

Down the stairs, on the fast lane…
Everyone‘s in a hurry, to catch the 8:45 train

With headphones in ears and a newspaper in hand,
Pushing the old lady, off they went.

To all such people, I have an advice…
Take a look around and, you will become wise.

Smell the sweet rose, see the stars in the sky,
A SMALL change from inside can make a BIG difference outside.


People nowadays have become so busy that they tend to ignore small things. Just take the case of a simple phone call. Read below and I hope you will understand


I called up a girl at 5 in the evening….
(She) Didn’t pick up the phone, after 10 BIG tring tring.

The next moment I tried, the number was busy…
‘OK’, I told myself ‘TAKE IT EASY’

Two days later, I tried again..
But this time also, the response was the same.

Again after two days, I dialed the same number..
To hear her say: “Right now I am busy, call me later"....

Now if people don’t even have time to attend a phone call ……………I don’t know what to say….

4 comments:

  1. wow!! ;) didn't kno u wer also accustomed to pausing at times..smelling d sweet rose and appreciating d beauty of d place we belong to! way to go!! keep it up... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time wen u call that girl just make sure she is completely shocked before she hangs it!! ..wot i mean is, you made a very good poem up here so just make another one full of abuses just for her!!..way to go friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so shinoj.... welcome to the blogosphere... :) a great post to start the blog with.... i'm glued to ur blog !! keep up the good work man....

    ReplyDelete
  4. so the man is finally here.nice start mr.Nambiar.so true, we have got so focussed on the goal that we might have forgotten to enjoy the journey..
    keep them comming saar..

    p.s- just in case, its much better u go and meet this girl than try and call.

    ReplyDelete